Want to convert Quicken to Quickbooks? Well, you are quite lucky as we are here for the same. Many businesses & firm owners use Quicken & QuickBooks for the management of the financial operations such as accounting and other bookkeeping activities. For quite some reason, you might not be wanting your data in the Quickens software anymore and desire to convert all your important files & folders into QuickBooks. Then Intuit has developed such a tool for its users, namely Quicken Converter .
Intuit designed a free of cost application Quicken Converter through which anyone can easily convert Quicken files to QuickBooks files. Read with us & you will get each and every significant detail related to this topic and will easily learn how to convert the Quicken files to QuickBooks without the important data loss. Before jumping on to our alpha subject, let us first study a bit about the key differences between them.
Differences: QuickBooks Vs Quicken
The major prospect that differs both the software Quickbooks and Quicken is that Intuit created the software QuickBooks for aiding the small and medium-sized companies whereas Quicken is majorly for the management of finances on a personal level. It supports the individuals operating a side business or work of rental properties & easily manages their personal and various individual accounts.
- Sorts Transactions into the Taxes category.
- Customizes and easy modification of reports.
- Effective income tracking system.
- Easy online payments & transactions.
- Payment reminders.
- Tracking Cash flow system
- Easy calculation of salaries and keeping tabs of sales.
- Accessibility in other devices like smartphones.
- Prints cheques.
- Generations of profit and loss statements.
- Customer support via chat, calls, or e-mails is available.
- Custom rent reminders can be set.
- Easy tracking of the rental rates, income, and deposits.
- Business & rental sections are available separately.
- Users can easily modify & customize invoices.
- Business & rental reports can be mailed.
- Availability of chat & call customer support assistance.
Key Points to Be Kept in Mind Before the QuickBooks Conversion
There are some important things to be kept in mind before you perform the QuickBooks conversion process.
- This process is an irreversible process, which means that once the conversion process starts from Quickens to QBs, then there is no going back. You will be unable to use any of that data in Quicken again.
- Never forget to create a backup of all the important data that you want to convert.
- If you are a Mac user and desire to convert the Mac files, then it is a little heartbreaking for you. Firstly, you have to convert all the Mac files into Windows supported files because Quickens is not equipped with the feature of directly converting the Mac files.
Quicken Converter Tool (QCT): When to Use?
Although you can quite easily convert Quicken to the Quickbooks Desktop by using the option Utilities, there can be instances when this option is inoperable and you will have to find alternatives. Let us know now when to use QCT.
- In case there are different existent versions of Quicken and QBs, then use the QCT Tool.
- Let us consider an example to make ourselves clearer. You do not need this Quicken converter tool in conversion of Quicken files to QB if both these software are having similar versions. You only need this tool for converting the Quicken files to QBs when there is a difference in versions of both the software. Suppose, you need to convert a Quicken 2021 file into the QuickBooks 2022 version, then you need the Quicken Conversion Tool (QCT).
- For Mac OS Users: If you are a Mac user and desire to use this converter tool, then it is a little heartbreaking for you. Firstly, you have to convert all the Mac files into Windows supported files, then you can use the Quicken Converter Tool.
Convert Files Via Utilities
Convert all your files with the use of the built-in option within the software named Utilities. Steps to carry out this process are:
- Open the software QuickBooks and navigate to the option named Files on the top screen bar menu.
- Click on the option of Utilities.
- Now, go to Convert From Quicken.
- Find your file and then open the Quicken File on your system.
- With step by step guidance, follow all the instructions appearing on the screen.
Also Read, Methods To Resolve Quickbooks Unrecoverable Error
Convert Quicken files to QuickBooks Through the Quicken Converter
- The first step is to download the Quicken Converter, but you must not forget that it has to be the similar version as QB from the Intuit’s company website.
- After the download, open the file and agree to the terms & conditions. Hit the button Next.
- After the Quicken Converter installation, click on Next again.
- Now for converting the files, click on the option coaming as ‘I am transferring data from Quicken from Windows’.
- Browse the PDF file and select it.
- Lastly, go to the Convert option, and all your file data transfer will begin from Quicken to QBs.
This post is an informative article with all the related content on how to Convert Quicken to QuickBooks. We have not left a single important detail on this topic and hope you enjoy reading all our valuable efforts displayed in this post. We are confident that you will be able to easily carry out the conversion process and are happily proceeding with your ongoing work. It is time to part our ways with each other and hopefully you will soon meet us in the near future. For more assistance, you can directly connect with us via chat or email support.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Q1. What are the steps to convert Quicken Files to .CSV?
Ans. To convert the Quicken Files to .CSV, you need to import all the files into QuickBooks.
Follow the steps below to carry out the conversion process.
- Firstly, open the file.
- Go to the option named Export.
- Now, navigate to the option of Export to CSV File.
- Select an easily accessible directory location and save the file.
Q2. Can Quicken be converted to QuickBooks online?
Ans. No, you can never Quicken to QuickBooks online directly. Although you do have the option to convert the QBs desktop to QuickBooks online.