While you are trying to install a Quickbooks company file, one of the common issues that you can face is “Quickbooks error 1312”. This error usually occurs when you do not have sufficient permissions to modify the company file or you are not able to access that particular file on the system. To fix this error, usually, providing privileges will do, but if that does not solve the issue for you, you can try different other methods. To get rid of this issue, we have provided different solutions that you can opt for. Go through the article properly to know how to get rid of QuickBooks error code 1321.
Causes of Quickbooks error 1321
Before we proceed to fix the error 1321 Quickbooks update, you need to know the reasons because of which the error can occur. The reasons are as follows:
- If the process of file copying is slower than the process of updating the file, you can face the error.
- Restricted file access permissions by Windows.
- The file that you are using is corrupted or damaged.
- The firewall installed is restricting Quickbooks.
- Your system may need a restart.
Troubleshooting ways for Quickbooks error 1321
Below we have provided you different ways to get rid of the issues Quickbooks error code 1321. If one method doesn’t work for you, jump to the next one.
Method 1: Use Quickbooks tools Hub
The very first method that you can use is to download the Quickbooks Tool hub on the system and then use the Diagnostic tool to detect the issues. Follow the below-mentioned steps:
- To begin with, you need to close all the background processes including Quickbooks.
- Next, you will have to get the Quickbooks tool hub on the system. You can download it from the official website. Save the tool hub file on the desktop.
- Now, you need to open the tool file and tick the checkbox to accept all the terms and conditions. Install the tool hub file on the system by following all the instructions appearing on the screen.
- When done, you will have to open the tool and from the menu, you need to click on the option for installation issues.
- In the next window, click on the Quickbooks diagnostic tool option and the scanning process will begin.
- It may take some time to complete. When the process will complete, simply restart the device.
Method 2: Disable antivirus temporarily
As mentioned, one of the common reasons for the Quickbooks 2015 error 1321 is that antivirus may be interrupting the software. So, you can temporarily disable the antivirus or update the software to fix the issue. Follow the steps mentioned below:
- First, you need to disable the antivirus. When you do this, make sure that you have disconnected the device from the internet, and then only you disable the antivirus.
- When done, you will have to download and install the Quickbooks software on the system. In case you already have the software on the system, you will have to update the software.
- Now when you have updated the software, you will have to restart the system and then enable the antivirus on the system.
Method 3: Update privileges
When you install Quickbooks, you may encounter the error 1321 Quickbooks at that time. To fix the error, you will have to update the user privileges. The process for the same varies according to the version of Windows you are using. Follow the steps according to the version of Windows that you are using.
For Windows XP users
- The very first thing that you need to do is to turn off the system and then restart it after some seconds.
- While restarting, the Windows logo will appear on the screen, you will then have to press the F8 key.
- Now, you need to click on the safe mode with networking issues and then press the enter button.
- You will now have to follow all the on-screen to change the user privileges. On the window, click on the System option under the user names tab. Now, you need to click on the full control option.
- When done, you will have to click on the advanced option and then click on the option to replace permission entries. Do this for all the child objects.
- Finally, terminate the properties option and then click on the ok option.
For Windows XP professional users
To update the privileges in Windows XP professional, you will have to look for the files or folder in your operating system which may restrict file sharing. Follow the below-mentioned steps:
- To begin with, you need to press the Windows key and the E key together to open the windows explorer.
- You will now look for the parent folder of the issue.
- Now, right-click on the parent file, and then from the menu, you will have to click on the option for properties.
- In the prompt, you will have to click on the security option.
- You will then have to select the user names as administrators to grant issues.
Method 4: Create a new admin account
You can also create a new Windows account to access the files. To create an account, follow the steps mentioned below:
- First, open the control panel on the system. In the control panel, you need to click on the users or accounts option.
- When done, you will have to click on the option to create a new user.
- Make sure that you set the user as an administrator.
- You will now have to enter the credentials to create an account.
- Then, sign out of all the accounts and log in with the new account.
- Try accessing the file again.
Methods 5: Try updating again
Now, the last method that you can use is to try to update again to see if you are still facing the Quickbooks 1321 error. When you face the error, you can click on the retry option in the error prompt. If after retrying, you face the same issue, you will have to click on the ignore option and try to install the Quickbooks software again.
Sometimes the QB pages are not properly linked with the intuit server pages & in these cases it causes an error that is called Quickbooks Error 404, keep a keen eye on any such errors. They cause quite a big issues sometimes.
So, errors like Quickbooks error code 1321 can be annoying sometimes and hence, needed to be fixed as soon as possible. The above-mentioned methods will surely help you to get rid of the error 1321 QuickBooks update easily. We hope that the article was beneficial.