Reading out on the screen ‘Connection to the company file QuickBooks is lost.’ This seems quite an issue as you might not be able to open the QuickBooks company files. All these issues fall under the shadow of Quickbooks Error -6123, 0. But to be on the positive side, We must let you know that it is a basic error and does not need a lot of technical knowledge to clear it away from your system. But the point is you do need proper guidance. There is another error that happens and it says cannot open company files, it happens with QuickBooks error 6189 & 816. Keep a lookout for those errors and don’t mix these errors.
Let us help you with this and guide you to everything you need to know about QuickBooks Error Code 6123 0. This article includes the causes for its existence and the quick detailed solutions to troubleshoot this error instantly. You just hang out with us, read with us, and in just a few minutes, become a pro. Let us now start and work together.
QuickBooks Error 6123 0: Causes for Existence
There can be many reasons and causes for the existence of Quickbooks Error 6123 in your system. For a detailed look, read below.
- In case the main system has some corrupted files.
- Your firewall configuration and setup restrict the functioning of the software Quickbooks.
- The QuickBooks-related files are missing, lost, or mistakenly deleted.
- There is a possibility that multiple Quickbooks database servers are running on your computer.
- The same company file is being used in a newer version of Quickbooks.
- Some troubles and issues with the operating system.
After getting a basic understanding of the Quickbooks Error -6123 0, we will be needing a quick fix and kick it out of the system. We will be going through the solutions now.
QuickBooks Error 6123, 0: Top Methods To Fix
Before going through the solutions, you must keep one thing in mind that backup is quite important. Keep a backup of all your files to prevent any important data files and folder loss. To create a backup, follow below.
- Firstly, open the software QuickBooks Desktop and then navigate to the File menu.
- Next, click on the option named Back-Up company under the drop-down menu.
- Further, use the option Create a local backup.
- Lastly, create a backup of the company data files by carrying out the on-screen guidelines on the screen.
Method 1: Fixing the Damaged Files
To fix the damaged files, do as written below.
- Firstly, you need to select the company file with .nd extension.
- With a right-click on the file, choose the option Rename and add .ndold to the file name.
- Further, launch the software Quickbooks Desktop.
- Now, navigate to the File menu.
- Select the option Utilities.
- Now, go for the option named Stop hosting multi-user access.
- Again, navigate to the file and select the option Switch to multi-user mode. This will reset all the data and will fix your error.
Method 2: Quickbooks Connection Diagnostic Tool Use
The QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool diagnoses the connection and network issues occurring in the host computer. To use the tool, read below.
- Firstly, visit the Intuit website and look for the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool download.
- After the download, open the exe file.
- An installation wizard will come up and you need to go through the on-screen guidelines.
- Accept the license agreement and tap on Finish at last.
- Further, launch the installed tool and reach out to the Test Connectivity section.
- Now, choose the company files the Quickbooks error 6123.
- Use the button of Test Connectivity.
- In a few seconds, this tool will self-resolve any issue related to connectivity and network.
Method 3: Check The AntiVirus
QuickBooks error 6123 can also happen due to some interruption and restriction by the third-party apps or maybe antivirus like McAfee. The antivirus blocks access to the QuickBooks company files. To rectify the issue, you need to disable your antivirus program. Since there can be a lot of antivirus software available, it is not quite possible to perform every step for each and every one of them. So, we advise you to uninstall the antivirus programs from your computer. This will surely aid you in troubleshooting QuickBooks Error 6123.
Method 4: Using Auto Data Recovery
The corrupted files or damaged data of the QuickBooks company file can be easily restored via the Auto Data Recovery QuickBooks feature. The user will have to create a backup file namely .ADR folder and then look if he is still facing the issue or not. Keep some of the points in mind before using Auto Data Recovery.
- Firstly, clean installation of the Auto Data Recovery tool.
- Secondly, your system must have the latest released version of the software QuickBooks.
- Lastly, the Auto Data Recovery tool backup limit is 1.5GB.
Method 5: Quickbooks File Doctor Use
QuickBooks File Doctor is a universal tool for fixing most of the QuickBooks errors and issues. From installation errors, update errors to network problems, the File Doctor tool self-detects the issues and rectifies them in no time.
There are two ways to use the Quickbooks file doctor tool. You can use the individual tool or you can access it via the Quickbooks tool hub. So, we will discuss how to access the tool via the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Firstly, launch the software Quickbooks Tool Hub.
- Now you need to tap on the Company File Issues tab.
- Further, you will see a green-colored button as Run QuickBooks File Doctor. Tap on it.
- Now you need to choose the specific company file with issues.
- In a few moments, the file doctor tool will self-conduct a scan and detect the errors.
- The errors will be rectified in no time. Open the software QuickBooks and check for the presence of the error.
Method 6: Accessing the Company File From A Different Location
To resolve this problem, you will have to move the company file to a different directory. To do this, read below.
- Firstly, go to the location where the company file is saved.
- Further, look for the .QBW extension within the list.
- Now, copy the file.
- Next, create a new folder and paste your company file in there.
- Lastly, open the software QuickBooks from this new location and verify the existence of the error.
This article is an informative guide with all the related aspects of Error 6123 0 Quickbooks. From its basics to the detailed solutions, you can read valuable content from top to bottom. We hope you are able to grasp all the knowledge and are no longer stuck in any such error.
All in all, it has been a pleasure to work with you, and let us part ways for now. For any further assistance, you can visit us anytime. We will be here to help you.