The QuickBooks Error -6144, -82 is a QBs 6000 series error that occurs due to the bad setup of system configuration & settings. The QuickBooks error -6144 -82 can also happen due to some issues in the Windows registry system and you will not be able to open your company files since they are being used by some other programs. Moreover, you cannot do any kind of work on your software.
With this article, we will help you with diagnosing the error 6144 82 QuickBooks. It is not a complex error and thus, can be easily troubleshot. Just spare us a few minutes and read with us. Reaching the end, you will surely learn everything about these errors.
QuickBooks Error Code 6144 82: Causes For Prevalence
- Damaged and corrupted network data (.nd ) file.
- Permission not granted and moreover, allowance not given to set up the company file sharing.
- Firewall setup and Configuration settings are not properly set up.
- Corrupted and damaged transaction log (TLG) file.
- Under viruses, malware, or ransomware attacks,s or some other kind of threats.
- Network issues and connectivity problems.
Detecting QuickBooks Error 6144 82
- “We are very sorry for this inconvenience” text body message twinkles on the screen.
- Your Operating System Windows is not working properly.
- The system’s response to commands becomes slow.
- Sometimes, QuickBooks Error 6144 82 error messages can come up on the desktop screen.
- The software QuickBooks operations are not working properly.
TOP Methods To Fix Error 6144 82 Quickbooks.
Method 1: Use Quickbooks Hub Tool and QBs File Doctor Tool
- Firstly, visit the Intuit QuickBooks website and search for the QuickBooks hub tool.
- Download the Quickbooks Tool Hub exe file and open it after the download.
- On the installation wizard coming up, follow the on-screen guidelines and complete the installation process.
- Further, launch the hub tool installed and go to the tab Company file issues.
- Here, you will get a green-colored tab of Run Quickbooks File Doctor.
- Just tap on this option to carry out the QuickBooks file repairing process and start the scan.
- Further, this scan will auto-identify all the issues and errors that are coming in the way of the Quickbooks company files.
- Wait for a few minutes and let the scan be finished.
- Lastly, check whether the QuickBooks file doctor is successful in removing the error from your system.
Method 2: Windows Registry Repair
As you work with the repairing process of the windows registry, most of the QBs errors will no longer prevail in your system. For Windows Registry repair, do as written below.
- Firstly, access the command prompt window.
- Moving further, hold the CTRL-key and the Shift key, then tap the Enter key altogether.
- A dialog box will come up on the screen and now, you need to select Yes.
- Within the black window, write up Regedit and use Enter.
- Go to the section Registry Editor and look for the option associated with 6144 82.
- Further, within the File menu, choose the option named Export.
- You have to select a directory location, where you wish to save the key of Quickbooks.
- Lastly, rename the given folder by adding the extension .reg in the filename.
Method 3: Set up the Quickbooks User Permission
There can be issues associated with the user’s permission when we talk about the existence of the 6144 error. You just need to go through the steps given here to rectify this error.
- Firstly, launch the software Quickbooks.
- On the upper right pane, click on the option Company.
- Further, you will see the option as Set Up Users and Roles on your desktop screen. Click on it.
- Next, feed in the password and select a username as per your liking from the given usernames list.
- Now, select the user permission.
- Lastly, you will have to check for the prevalence of the error in your system.
Still, it exists, then jumps on to the next method given here.
Method 4: Renaming The Transaction Log & Network Data Files
For this method, you will have to rename the network data (ND) and transaction log (TLG) files to the .old extension added at the end of the filename. To do this, follow the steps given here below.
- First, open the software program Quickbooks.
- Next, tap the F2 key on your keyboard.
- Here, you will get all the details of your company file directory location. Further, select the folder in which all the company files are saved.
- Select the company files the .tlg and .nd extension at the end of their name.
- Further, with a right-click on these chosen files, select the option Rename.
- Now, add the extension .old in the filename.
- You must conduct a similar process for all the remaining .tlg and .nd files.
- Lastly, log in to the software Quickbooks and check for the existence of the error.
This post is a detailed guide with all the concepts associated with QuickBooks Error 6144 82. As we now know, it is such a basic error that it can be easily resolved in just a few clicks. We tried to assist you with the best of our efforts and provided the 4 easiest solutions.
Hoping you are no longer stuck anywhere in your work. It was a treat to be with you and we admire your willingness to clear out the issues from your system. Let us leave for now. But for any more help in the near future, we are available here 24×7 via email, chat, and call support.