Is QuickBooks unable to find the path of your company files? Issues with Qbs company files? Facing some internal problems with the software? All such troubles fall under the domain of QuickBooks Error 77. These issues must not be ignored and quickly cleared out of your system as soon as possible. You just require proper guidance to troubleshoot such company file errors.
Follow our article and get through the detailed solutions carefully. Once you are through with our content, you will be easily able to fix the Quickbooks Error Code (6000, 77). Without further ado, let us start our post with the basics of this error.
QuickBooks Error 77: Introduction
The Quickbooks error code 6000 77 basically occurs due to damage in some company files. The damage in the company file is a very specific issue and it causes different errors like QuickBooks Error 6189 and 816 as well. Also, when the software Quickbooks is unable to find the path of the company files, this error can prevail, popping up with an error text on the screen. Moreover, there can also be a few internal issues within the software.
Quickbooks Error 6000 77: Reasons for Occurrence
There are a lot of reasons and causes for the prevalence of Error 77 QuickBooks in your system. The list-wise description is here below.
- Firstly, if the QBs company file is stored in an external hard drive instead of the internal hard disk.
- The Quickbooks software is unable to get access to your company file.
- A Windows defender or some third-party application is blocking the operations in the software Quickbooks. This can happen when you are using the multi-user mode.
- Lastly, incorrect permissions were granted to the Quickbooks software.
QuickBooks Error Code (6000, 77): Top Methods To Fix
Before going through the solutions, we advise you to always have a backup of your important files and avoid any data loss. Now, we will learn the solutions to repair the Quickbooks Error 6000, 77 in detail below.
Solution 1: Quickbooks File Doctor (QBFD) Use
The Quickbooks File Doctor is an astonishing tool that can aid you in fixing almost every QuickBooks-related error and issue. QBs file doctor is present within the Quickbooks Tool Hub. Learn below to know more about this tool.
- Firstly, visit the Intuit website & look out for the QuickBooks Tool Hub Download.
- Download the exe file and open it.
- Moving further, you will get an installation wizard and you need to tap on Next.
- Do according to the screen guidelines and accept the terms & conditions to install the tool.
- Next, tap on Finish.
- Further, open the installed tool.
- A home dashboard screen will come up and you need to go to the tab Company File Issues.
- Here, click on the green button read as Run Quickbooks File Doctor.
- Select your company file with issues & use the option of Repair.
- The file doctor tool will now self-identify the problems & diagnose them instantly.
Solution 2: Windows System File Checker Scan
A System File Checker (SFC) is an in-built tool that can easily repair broken and corrupted files. You just have to conduct the scan and it will remove the error automatically. Read the procedure below.
- Firstly, click on the Start Button and click on the Command Prompt.
- Under the Command Prompt window, type up sfc/Scan now and hit Enter.
- The scan will begin now and will self-identify all the existing issues in your software.
- Do not exit the window till the scan reaches 100%.
- Now, you have all the Qbs errors resolved from your system.
Solution 3: Rename the Network Data (.ND) File
- Firstly, access the folder that contains your Quickbooks company file.
- Here, you need to check all the files and select all the network data files with a .nd extension.
- Moving further, with a right-click on the Network Data file, click on the option Rename.
- Now, you need to add old at the end of the file name extension. For eg. taxreports2022.qbw.nd.old
- Now, access the company file and check for the prevalence of the error 77 QuickBooks. If it still exists, carry out the next solution.
Solution 4: Perform a Clean Install
The QuickBooks clean install tool helps in eliminating the corrupted, damaged, & broken Quickbooks-associated files. You can easily use the clean install Quickbooks tool for troubleshooting these types of errors. For this, the step-by-step guidelines are here below.
- Firstly, you need to have the QuickBooks Tool Hub. If not present, read above how to download and install the QuickBooks Hub Tool.
- Now, open the installed tool.
- A home dashboard screen will come up and you need to go to the tab Installation issues.
- Moving further, click on the button Clean Install tool.
- The clean install process will start now & self-resolve this error in a few seconds.
Solution 5: Cease The Antivirus
At times, the Installed Antivirus hinders the Quickbooks operations. So, we must disable it to rectify all our issues. The third-party antivirus recognized the software Quickbooks as malicious activity. It further causes instability in the working of Quickbooks. This gives rise to QuickBooks error 6000 77.
Thus, it is advisable to simply uninstall the installed antivirus from your system or maybe disable it temporarily till the Quickbooks error 6000 77 is resolved.
You May Also Like: QuickBooks Online Error 324: Banking Problems Fixed Permanently
This article is an informative handbook for all the users looking to counter QuickBooks error -6000 -77 from their system. From its basics to the detailed solutions, this article provides you with everything needed to fix these types of QuickBooks errors. We hope you are no longer stuck anywhere and are able to carry out the solutions easily.
We are optimistic you will make your software error-free and move ahead with your projects. Let us part ways for now and shake hands to meet again. For any further QuickBooks-related help, you can always ping us. We are available 24×7 via emails, calls, and what support services.