Quickbooks Error 80070057 occurs when you try to open the company file on the system. It can occur when the user does not have proper permissions to remove the file from the required folder. Also, it can occur when the user is trying to open a file that is stored over the network. The error may not be fatal but it can be annoying because it can freeze the system. If you have also encountered Quickbooks error code 80070057, here is how you can get rid of the issue. Nothing is perfect in this world. There exist many errors, bugs, and technical issues in the software. These bugs and issues can include installation errors, QuickBooks runtime errors, network issues, update problems, etc. If you are facing issues with the bank account or you are unable to update your bank details then this error can be Quickbooks Error 9999. Read the article completely to know more.
Causes of Quickbooks Error 80070057
Before we proceed to fix the issue, it is better to know the reasons because of encountering error code 80070057. Some of the reasons are as follows:
- The firewall software is not configured properly.
- There are chances that the network data file is damaged when you ate trying to open the file.
- The company file can be corrupted or damaged.
- Also, you can face the error if the company file extensions are not correct.
Troubleshooting Methods for Quickbooks Error 80070057
There are different methods to fix Quickbooks error 80070057. We have provided you with all the methods in detail for your assistance. Go through all the troubleshooting methods below:
Method 1: Use Quickbooks File Doctor Tool
Quickbooks file doctor is provided by Intuit only and it can be used to get rid of the issues with the company file. To get rid of the error 80070057 Quickbooks, you can use the Quickbooks file doctor tool. Here is how you can do it:
- First, you will have to terminate the Quickbooks desktop on the system.
- Once done, you will have to get the Quickbooks tool hub on the system and then install the same on the system. Agree to all the terms and conditions and follow all the instructions appearing on the screen to complete the installation.
- Now, you need to open the tool hub and then click on the company files tab.
- When done, you will have to choose the option to start the file doctor tool.
- Next, when the file doctor will open, you will have to select the company file by redirecting the tool to the location where you have stored it.
- After that, you will have to click on the option to check the file and click on the continue option to proceed with the process.
- Also, you need to enter your Quickbooks credentials when asked.
- Wait for the process to complete. When complete, start the Quickbooks again and open the file.
Method 2: Access the Quickbooks as Administrator
There are chances that you are encountering the 80070057 Quickbooks error because of the insufficient permissions. To get rid of the issue, you can try to use Quickbooks as an administrator. Follow the steps mentioned below:
- To begin with, right-click on the icon of Quickbooks, and then from the menu, you will have to click on the option to run as administrator.
- Wait for the company file to open. If the company file doesn’t open, you will have to select the required company file and then click on the option to open the same.
- Check if you are still facing the error.
Method 3: Scan the File Again With the Help of the Quickbooks Database Server Manager
Now, the next method that we will suggest you try is to scan the company file again. Here’s how to do the same:
- To start with, you need to tap on the Windows key on the keyboard.
- Now, you will have to look for the Quickbooks database server manager there.
- After this, you will have to click on the add folder option, and then browse folder will appear on the screen.
- You will then have to choose the folder in which you have stored the company file and then click on the OK button.
- Next, click on the option to start the scan.
- Wait for the scan to complete. On completion, you need to open the required company file again and see if the error persists.
Method 4: Update Quickbooks
You may face the Quickbooks error 80070057 because of the outdated version of the Quickbooks desktop. Therefore, it is advised to update Quickbooks. Here is how to do it:
- First, you need to click on the help option and then click on the option to update the Quickbooks.
- In the update prompt, you will have to click on the reset update option. You need to do this if you need to remove all the previous updates.
- Next, you will have to click on the get updates tab. When done, you will have to restart Quickbooks again on the system. But keep in mind that you might encounter many types of update errors too one of such update errors is ps077 error.
- Check if you have fixed QB error code 80070057.
Method 5: Clean Install Quickbooks
Another method that you can opt for to fix the Quickbooks error code 80070057 is to perform a clean install. You will first have to uninstall the existing version of the tool file and then install the Quickbooks again on your system. Sometimes the error that occurs is the windows error was the file exists quickbooks. In this way, you can get rid of any technical issues present in the tool.
Method 6: Make Sure the Company File Name Extension is Correct
You can also face the issue because of the incorrect company file extension. To check and fix it, follow the steps mentioned below:
- First, you need to open the file folder and then right-click on the name of the company file.
- Next, from the menu, you need to click on the properties option.
- Also, you need to tap on the icon of Quickbooks. Check the file extension and then check the extension of the last opened file.
- In the end, tap the ok option.
Method 7: Check Firewall Settings
The next method that we will suggest you opt for is to configure the settings of the firewall. For this, you need to add exceptions in the software and also, follow all the instructions present in the user manual to change the settings. In case you still face the Quickbooks error 80070057, you can uninstall the firewall software and install it again.
To Wind Up
Quickbooks error code 80070057 is easy to resolve and you can get rid of the issue if you will follow all the methods properly. Off the chance the error persists, you can contact a technical expert to resolve the issue. We hope that this article has helped you to fix error 80070057 Quickbooks.