Quickbooks payroll software is used by almost small-scale or medium-size businesses and it has helped them a lot in preparing the payroll. But, while using the Quickbooks payroll, users can face some issues. One of the common issues is Quickbooks error ps077 or PS032. There can be different reasons for which a user can face this error like damaged files, incorrectly configured settings, or wrong billing details. If you have also come across the Quickbooks payroll update error ps077, we are here to help you. We have provided you with different methods that you can use to get rid of the ps077 Quickbooks error. Go through the article properly to know in detail.
Signs of Quickbooks ps077 error
If you are facing Quickbooks PS077 error in your system, you can expect the following symptoms to show in the system. They are as follows:
- Your system may start freezing more frequently.
- The error message appearing on the screen indicating the same.
- You are not able to update the tax table or it is stuck in the middle.
- The payroll updates can not be downloaded anymore.
Before we proceed to fix Quickbooks error code ps077, we want to list certain things that you need to remember. Have a look at all the preliminaries below:
- First, you need to make sure that you have a valid subscription to the Quickbooks payroll software.
- It is mandatory to update the Quickbooks to the latest version.
- You will also have to make sure that all the billing information entered by you is correct and appropriate.
- Also, make sure that there is only one Quickbooks application present on the system.
- You may also attempt to repair the Quickbooks desktop application.
- Lastly, make sure to create a backup of all the company file.
Methods to fix Quickbooks ps077 error
Method 1: While trying to download payroll updates
Now, the very first method is to be used when you encounter the ps077 Quickbooks while downloading the payroll updates. Follow the steps mentioned below to fix the error.
- First, you will have to make sure that you are using your registered Quickbooks desktop account. If not, you may have to register on Quickbooks desktop.
- After this, you will have to update the Quickbooks software to the latest version.
- Once done, you will have to make sure that the billing information that you are using is up to date or is correct.
- Now, you will have to run the Quickbooks desktop software repair.
- After this, you will have to disable the user account control. You will then have to attempt to update the Quickbooks desktop application without enabling UAC.
- Also, you need to note down all the product information. For that, you will have to press the F2 key in the Quickbooks software and then all the product information will appear on the screen.
- After closing the information windows, you need to open the control panel to make sure that you have only a single version of the software.
You Can Also Read, Methods To Resolve Quickbooks Error 1321
Method 2: If there is more than one version of Quickbooks installed
Now, if you have more than one version of the Quickbooks on the system, follow the steps mentioned below:
- First, you need to create a backup of all the data available on your device.
- Next, you will have to make sure that all the applications are closed.
- When done, you need to start the run window on the system.
For Windows 8 users, you will have to click on the Windows icon to open the start menu on the screen. You will then have to right-click on the background to all applications and then click on the run tab.
- Now, for Windows Vista, you will have to carry out the process in a different way. You will have to tap on the Vista logo and then press the Windows key and R key together. The run command will open on the screen. Once done, follow all the steps mentioned below.
- You will now have to start the control panel on the screen and then click on the programs and features option. You will also have to double click on the programs and features option so that you can add or remove any program.
- In case there is only one version of Quickbooks available, you will not have to continue with the process.
- When done, the Quickbooks installation wizard will open on the screen.
- You will now have to click on the option for next.
- Next, we will recommend you remove and press the next button. Now, you will have to continue with the process according to the situation.
- If you want to complete the process of update, on the error prompt, there will be an option to opt to go online. You will have to then tap on the yes option and then click on the go online option.
- Other than this, there are chances that you will see only an OK option to go online. If you press the ok button to start the installation process and also, you may get an error message on the system.
- Also, if all the data is available on the server, you will have to terminate the Quickbooks window on all the systems. You will then have to update the payroll on the server. If you can update the payroll on the server, you will have to update it on all the versions.
Method 3: Download payroll tax table
The next method that you can use to fix the Quickbooks ps077 error is to download the latest version of the payroll tax tables. Follow all the steps mentioned below to do the same:
- To begin with, you need to look for the existing Quickbooks file and delete the same on the same. Also, you need to remove all the additional installed files.
- After this, you need to reset Quickbooks updates and also, download the payroll tax table for the latest version.
- You will then have to sort the list again to verify the data.
- Next, you need to click on the clean uninstall option and then update the tax table.
All the methods that we have mentioned in the article will surely help you to get rid of the Quickbooks ps077 error. In case you still face the Quickbooks payroll update error ps077, then you can consult the technical support team. We hope that this article helps.