No matter how efficiently Quickbooks Software manages your company’s accounting tasks, you can still get bothered by some technical errors. One such nagging issue is: “QuickBooks Error The File Exists” which causes disruption to your work until resolved.
Recently, many users have posted their queries on this problematic error as they find it very annoying to bear. This error leads to the surfacing of an error code message on your screen. It basically occurs while downloading payroll, opening a state, or a federal form, paying scheduled liabilities, etc. When you try to update the software you may face another technical error bothering you which can be Quickbooks error 15227.
You must apply only correct solutions to fix this nuisance error. And for that, you need to understand its causes, symptoms to identify. So, we have created this informative post to give you an in-depth understanding of “QuickBooks Error The File Exists” and the correct fixation methods. First of all, let’s learn what did you do in the first place to allow this error to come into your system.
Reasons For QuickBooks Error The File Exists
Before applying any troubleshooting method, it is important to learn the root causes behind an error. This step gives you an insight into your mistakes and you can avoid similar errors to take place in the future. If you see an error notification while using the sync manager tool that is a Quickbooks sync manager error. The causes for the file exists error in Quickbooks are:
- The foremost reason is a poor Internet connection on your computer.
- Improper or outdated Firewall.
- Configuration of the Internet security settings is done improperly.
- Outdated QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Improper shut down due to power cut.
- Windows User Account Control is interrupting Quickbooks.
- You don’t own admin rights.
- Improper QuickBooks Installation.
Situations When “The File Exists” Occurs
Also known as QuickBooks payroll update error”, it occurs at various instances such as:
- This nagging error occurs when you try to download or update the Payroll service.
- While launching a federal or state form.
- During taking a print from the software QuickBooks.
- While making payments for the scheduled liabilities.
There is another such payroll error that occurs with Quickbooks, it is known as quickbooks update error 15106 you must know which error occurs and for what reason the error might be occurring.
After getting this error, you see an error code notification on the screen stating:
- Quickbooks The Windows Error Was The File Exists.
- The Windows Error Was The File Exists Quickbooks.
- Quickbooks Error Message The File Exists.
- Quickbooks Windows Error The File Exists.
- The file requested can’t open. Confirm, if the file is being used by another application or a read-only.
Proven Methods To Fix QuickBooks Error The File Exists
This error no doubt is irritating to bear but at the same time, you can repair it using the methods mentioned here. The solutions are written here not only are reliable but also suggested by numerous professionals.
Method 1: Cease UAC in the Settings
Sometimes UAC interrupts Quickbooks and gives birth to nagging errors.
- First of all, tap on “Windows settings.”
- Now find the “UAC” option.
- If you have turned on the UAC feature then turn it off.
- At last, reboot your system.
Method 2: Check for QuickBooks Updates
You can check for QuickBooks desktop updates to fix the issue you are facing. The steps are:
- First of all, open QB Desktop.
- After that reach out to “Help” and tap on “Product information.”
- Then, you need to select the correct Quickbooks year and version from the list.
- The following step is to tap on “Search” first and then on the option of “Get the Latest Updates.”
- After finding your file, save it on your desktop.
- Once you finish the download, run the installation by following the on-screen instructions.
- At last, reboot the PC after successfully installing all the updates.
Method 3: Give Full Control Access
You can allocate full control access to get rid of the issue to a great extent. The steps are:
- Firstly, right-tap on the QBs icon on your system’s Desktop and choose “Properties.”
- Tap on “Open File Location”. Here you have to delete the address of the file.
- After that, right-tap on the Quickbooks folder and pick the option of “Properties.”
- Then, reach out to the “Security” section and tap on “Edit” then choose “Add.”
- Here, choose “Everyone” followed by clicking on “OK.”
- After this, select “Full Control” and tap on “Apply.”
- In the end, just reboot your PC and resume your work on the files.
Method 4: Run QuickBooks Software as an Admin
It is important for QuickBooks to acquire admin rights to do tasks such as the installation of updates. So, you must run it as an admin. The steps are:
- First of all, tap on “Windows Start.”
- There, search “QuickBooks.”
- Now, the result will appear where you have to right-tap on the QuickBooks version and choose “Run as administrator.”
- After that, check if you are still receiving the error or not.
Method 5: Reset Windows Permissions
- Firstly, open Windows File Explorer.
- Now, look for QBW32.exe i.e. QuickBooks program file.
- Then, right-tap on the program file, and choose “Properties.”
- After that, tap on “Security.”
- Now, you have to hit the cursor on “Edit” then on “Add.”
- Inside the “Add”, type “Everyone” and hit OK.
- Now, inside the window of “Security”, tick the checkbox “Full Control” and choose “OK.”
- Then, you have to click again on “Add” and write “Users” there. Hit “OK.”
- Inside “Security” tick the checkbox “Full Control” and hit “OK.”
- In the end, tap on “Apply” and hit “OK.”
Method 6: Register Again QuickBooks.DLL and.OCX Via Reboot.bat
Another method to get rid of “Quickbooks Error The File Exists” is registering again re-register the files of QuickBooks.DLL and .OCX via reboot.bat file.
- Firstly, close QB Application.
- Then come to your desktop then right-tap on QB icon and choose “Properties.”
- After that, tap on “Open File Location” and check for the reboot.bat file.
- Open the folder of the file and run it as an administrator.
- Then, a command prompt will open and immediately close up.
- At last, just reboot your PC and again follow the same process where you were witnessing the error.
Method 7: Repairing “ Error The File Exists” while Printing Forms
On the off chance, if the above methods could no work wonder for you then relax we have one more advanced solution. Check out the steps:
- Hold “Windows + R”, it will open the run box where you have to write “Control” and hit “Enter.”
- After that, choose “Devices and Printers.”
- Then, right-tap on “Device” and choose “Remove” only on that printer that is giving you issues.
- Now, close the QB Desktop.
- You need to reach out to the task manager by holding “CTRL + ALT + DEL.”
- Find the QBW32.exe under the process section and right-tap on it.
- Now, you need to end the process. Tap on “Yes” if prompted.
- Then, reach out to C drive >> Program Data >> Intuit >> QuickBooks (Only for premium users) or follow C: \ Users \ username \ AppData \ Roaming \ Intuit \ (QuickBooks_version) \ TSPrinterSettings \ (Only for Enterprise users).
- After coming here, you have to locate and remove the “QBPRINT.qbp” file. After doing that just reboot your PC and print again to check if it’s working.
To Wrap Up
Believe us, that if you follow all the methods above properly then there is no chance that you would not succeed in resolving the issue – “Quickbooks Error The File Exists.” We have created this informative post after decent research and these solutions are effective to a great extent.
On the off chance, if you come across any difficulty while implementing any method then it is best to get in touch with the Quickbooks Customer Support for additional guidance. There is a team of certified professionals 24*7 who listen and work on your query.
At last, we hope that you found this post useful and if yes then do share your valuable thoughts in the comments section below to encourage us.