QuickBooks accounting software automates a variety of complex operations, such as expense tracking, invoice creation, and tax preparation, thus increasing business efficiency. However, like all other man-made tools, this powerful program suffers from technological glitches that may impair the user’s productivity. In order to assist QuickBooks users, Intuit devised another helpful tool known as QuickBooks File Doctor (QBFD). This incredible solution helps the user to avoid QuickBooks company file issues before they become unrecoverable. Along with minimizing data corruption, the File Doctor Tool also tackles many QuickBooks network errors. It is a useful tool that can help you solve problems while working with QB.
This article is a complete guide to making the most of the QuickBooks file doctor tool and learning all of its features.
Quickbooks File Doctor – Rectify Quickbooks Company File Issues
With the QB file doctor program, the user no longer has to be concerned about damaged or corrupted company files or networks. QuickBooks File Doctor was intended and developed to detect and correct issues that impede the smooth operation of the QB accounting software. QBFD is a basic file repair program that enables users to repair various types of file and data corruption, network diagnostic, Windows problems, and other issues.
Users may use this file doctor program to resolve numerous troubles that arise while opening a company file, including fully damaged company files, network troubles (such as Error H101, H202, H303, H505, and so on), and error code -6000. (QB Error -6000, -82, QB Error -6000, -305, QB Error -6147, etc.). Intuit released this product in the year 2012. In addition to this tool, Intuit provides two more tools to help with various troubles, notably the QuickBooks company file diagnostic tool and the QuickBooks network connectivity diagnostic tool. The file doctor tool combines these two tools into one software.
This tool is integrated into 2014 R5 and subsequent versions, however, it only assists the user in addressing data-related difficulties; it will not assist the user in accessing company files or getting any form of error.
Issues that You can Solve Using Quickbooks File Doctor
- Not being able to open the company file
- Error -6150
- QuickBooks Error -6000 -305
- Error 6000 -82
- QuickBooks Error -6130 or 6150
- Error code -6147
- QuickBooks Error -6000 -301
- Missing or blank lists of customer, vendor, or employees
- Damaged company file
The Perks of Using QuickBooks File Doctor
- The QB File Doctor tool may be quite useful in resolving network difficulties.
- Victims of QuickBooks errors such as the -6000 series might benefit from the file doctor tool.
- Another advantage of this application is that it allows users to repair errors such as H101, H202, H303, and H505.
- If the user has lost any vital data, the file doctor tool might be of great assistance.
- If a user attempts to access a company file in one system that is stored in another system, QBFD can help.
- When data is ready to be corrupted, the QuickBooks file doctor tool might be a lifesaver.
Vital Things To Remember
These are some of the most crucial things to understand about the File Doctor function.
- Before downloading the new version, you must remove the current QBFD.
- Because all QB versions after 2015 include an in-built File Doctor, it is suggested that you utilize an external file doctor program.
- QBFD is compatible with all QuickBooks desktops running on Windows.
- QuickBooks for MAC does not support QBFD.
- The File Doctor utility comes in two varieties:
- Integrated file doctor (available in all QuickBooks 2016 and later versions).
- QuickBooks File Doctor standalone is a standalone version of QB File Doctor (can be downloaded from the internet).
How well does the QuickBooks file doctor tool work?
- QuickBooks file doctor tool is now a QuickBooks built-in feature for QuickBooks Desktop 2016 and beyond. The File Doctor utility is compatible with all QuickBooks desktop for Windows versions.
- It should be mentioned that the QBFD utility is not compatible with any QuickBooks for MAC version.
QuickBooks File Doctor Tool Types
When it comes to QuickBooks file doctor tools, they are mainly divided into two key categories:
- QuickBooks Desktop 2016 and later provide a built-in file doctor.
- The second option is QuickBooks file doctor stand-alone. It is accessed from a server that just has the QuickBooks database server management component installed.
- Network diagnostics and maintenance
- Using the admin login in Windows QB file repair- Is not required for system installation.
- Multi-user repair and troubleshooting entail ensuring that QuickBooks hosting is turned on.
Learn to Use Stand-Alone Version of Quickbooks File Doctor
- For this, the user must have the most recent version of File Doctor installed, or just delete the previous version and install the new one.
- Download QB File Doctor from Intuit’s official website or simply run it (if you have that already installed).
- Simply double-click QuickBooks File Doctor Tool and follow the on-screen directions to finish the installation procedure. If the program is installed but does not appear on the screen, open it using the Windows Task-bar or by clicking twice on the icon.
- Now, use the drop-down list to locate your company file, or click the Browse button to manually locate it on your hard drive.
- The File Doctor Tool Window will present you with two possibilities. Choose the one that is most suited for your situation. Both options are self-explanatory.
- If you get a -6000 series error or believe your company file is damaged, use the first option.
- Select the second option if you are experiencing network issues (Error H101, Error H202, Error H303, or Error H505).
- The user is then invited to enter the Company File Admin Password and click Next.
- Next, select one of the two options to continue diagnosing and correcting the error.
- If you are diagnosing and troubleshooting on a client’s PC, choose Workstation. This indicates that the QuickBooks company file is not saved or hosted on that computer.
- Choose the second option, Server, if you are diagnosing and troubleshooting problems on a QuickBooks client computer and the QB company file is not saved or hosted on that machine.
- Select Yes if you are working on QuickBooks Server / Host and No if you are working on QuickBooks Workstation.
- The QuickBooks file doctor program will next begin fixing the company files. The user must be patient because this may take a few minutes.
- Wait until QBFD has finished identifying and correcting any potential errors. The time required for the procedure may vary depending on the size of the QuickBooks Business File, the speed of the Local Area Network, and the severity of the difficulties with the company File. You must not interfere with the procedure in between.
- When the fixing procedure is completed, you will receive a success message. Finally, shut the QBFD tool.
- Regardless of the outcome of the repair process, open your company file.
Built-in Version Of Quickbooks File Doctor in a Nutshell
- This version is compatible with QuickBooks versions from the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom.
- It is typically used for file and data restoration. QuickBooks does not need to be installed on the machine because QBFD is utilized for network and diagnostic repair. Alternatively, QuickBooks must be installed on the desktop and the internal file doctor must be run.
- It is compatible with Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, and Server 2003-2012.
- If the.NET framework 2.0 is not installed on the desktop, QBFD will install it using the Quickbooks diagnostic tool.
How to use it?
- The built-in or internal QB File Doctor instantly detects the mistake and begins troubleshooting. When the QBFD window appears, click the Start button, and the tool will begin working to resolve the problem. The remaining options will be identical to the File Doctor instructions given above.
- Do not open the business file and QuickBooks desktop at the same time.
- Navigate to the File Menu.
- Choose the Utilities option.
- To start QB File Doctor, choose Repair File and Network Problems.
- Now, click Browse, choose the company file that requires diagnostic and repair, and then click Open.
- Select the sort of fix you want your file to receive from the Show Advanced Settings drop-down box, then click Next.
- When prompted, enter the Admin ID and password for the business file and click Next.
- After the diagnosis and repair procedure is finished, open the QuickBooks business file.
Different Scenarios as a Result
QBFD did Not Discover an Issue
The first scenario is when the QBFD is unable to detect the problem. In this scenario, the user must log back into the business file and, if the issue persists, start with the Auto data recovery setup and enter the transactions since the previous backup.
QBFD did Discover an Issue and was Successful in Resolving it
Well, if the tool was successful in identifying and resolving the issue, it is great news. When the procedure is complete, the user only needs to click on the Open new company option.
QBFD Discovered the Issue But was Unable to Resolve it
In this instance, the QuickBooks program will also propose using Auto Data Recovery Setup and manually inputting the transactions from the previous backup or uploading the file.
The Drawbacks of Quickbooks File Doctor
There can be certain limits to the QuickBooks file doctor tool, which we’ve noted below:
- For file uploading and manual correction, the user must have an internet connection and be linked to the work process.
- Alternatively, the company file should not be larger than 2GB.
- To conduct the network diagnostics, the user must navigate to the admin panel and QuickBooks must be in hosting mode.
- The file doctor tool is only accessible for the versions in the United States and the United Kingdom.
- When you enable Windows user account control, the file doctor program will relaunch with enhanced admin rights.
- The QuickBooks file doctor tool should only be used when the user is unable to access the business file.
This leads us to the conclusion of this article. We anticipate that at this point, the reader is familiar with the QuickBooks file doctor tool and its numerous features. Leave a comment as an act of appreciation.