Script errors in Quickbooks are not only confusing to the users but also stop them from performing their work. What is worst that the Quickbooks Script Error gives no details about the reasons and shows an error code message which is hard to understand.
So basically after getting this error, you will still remain in confusion about its existence. You will come face to face with this nagging error while accessing your company file. When you open a QB program and could not load a particular web page, it means that there is an issue in that page’s script.
Relax, this error nowhere affects the safety of the page, it is just associated with your Internet browser’s settings. So, it is a small but frustrating error that can make you scratch your head badly.
In this detailed write-up, we will discuss Script Error Quickbooks, its main causes, how it affects your system, and permanent troubleshooting steps.
Factors That Give Birth To Quickbooks Script Error
Multiple factors are responsible for the occurrence of this problematic error. We have listed the major causes so that you could apply the correct fixation steps and avoid this error in the future.
- Importing a dealing with an account that was not made before the import.
- Importing an invoice or a bill having a different account from accounts or assets due.
- The account number and name are present already.
- The processing functions of the script are blocked or disabled.
- Malware infection or virus is harming your system leading to Quickbooks script error line 299.
- You are receiving irregular script issues with a single website.
- Missing or damaged Active X components.
After learning the causes, the main question comes i.e. how to fix script errors when accessing Quickbooks? Well, we have got you covered as you will read the most reliable solutions to fix Quickbooks script error line 67 in the next part.
Guaranteed Steps To Fix Quickbooks Script Error
Fixing Quickbooks script errors does not require any complicated troubleshooting method and can be repaired by modifying Internet Explorer’s settings.
Method 1: Disable Notifications for Script Errors in Quickbooks
Make sure to disable notifications for script errors before initiating the fixation process.
- First of all, access “Internet Explorer.”
- Go to “Tools.”
- Select “Internet Options” first and then tap on “Advanced.”
- Tap on “Clear Notification for Script Errors.”
- In the end, tap on “OK” for saving the modifications.
Method 2: From Internet Explorer Clear SSL Certificates
- First of all, choose the Gear type icon.
- After that select “Internet.”
- Then you have to tap on “Clear SSL State” inside the “Content” option.
- In the end, hit OK for saving the recent changes.
Method 3: Clearing the Cache Data of Internet Explorer
If you witness the error during exporting then you need to remove the cookies and cache of your Internet Explorer browser.
- First of all, hit “Tools” on the default browser.
- The second step is tapping on “Internet Options.”
- Then click on “General.”
- Now, tap on “Delete” which is under the option “Browsing History.”
- Here, you have to tick the checkmark containing “Cookies, history, Website Data, Temporary Internet Files.”
- In the end, click on “Apply” and “OK” respectively.
Method 4: Disabling Add-ons in IE (Internet Explorer)
- Firstly, open Internet Explorer.
- Visit the “Tools” section and choose “Internet Options.”
- Inside “Programs”, tap on “Manage Add-ons.”
- Then, tap on “Add-on” and choose “Disable.”
- In the end, tap on “OK” and close “Internet Explorer.”
Method 5: Running IE Browser in Compatibility View
- Open “Internet Explorer.”
- Select “Tools” from inside the “Settings” section.
- Then, open “Compatibility View.”
- Inside“ Compatibility View”, tick “Display All Websites”
- Tap on “Close” to apply the changes.
Method 6: Adding Intuit as a Trusted Site
You can fix the Quickbooks script error by including Intuit as a trusted site.
- First of all, choose the gear type icon in Internet Explorer.
- After that, you need to reach out to “Tools” and go to “Security.”
- Then, choose ” Trusted Sites” and then “Sites.”
- Now, type “HTTPS://*.intuit. Com.”
- Inside the “Add Website”, tap on “Add.” After that, follow the similar steps for “HTTPS://*.quickbooks.com” also.
- Going further, tap on close and leave the window of “Trusted Sites.”
- After doing that, select the Custom Level then come to “Miscellaneous.”
- Now, choose “Enable” inside “Allow Cross-domain Requests.” After that hit “OK.”
- You need to tap on “Apply” and “OK” respectively to exit the window of “Internet Options.”
- At last, reboot the IE to apply changes.
In this detailed post, we discussed what is a script error in Quickbooks? And how to deal with it efficiently. We assure you that the steps mentioned here are sufficient enough to handle Quickbooks Script Error. After following these troubleshooting methods, you can again work on this software smoothly.
In case, you come across any difficulty while performing a fixation method then contact Quickbooks Customer Support for more assistance. The team is always available for you to solve all kinds of queries.
Now, we believe it’s time to conclude this informative write-up here. Do share your valuable opinions and suggestions in the comments section below to encourage us more.