In case you are new to Quickbooks software, you may not be aware of what Quickbooks web connector is. Quickbooks web connector is a windows application that will help the users to access the information from a web-based application. This will help the user to exchange the data between the web and Quickbooks desktop products. Being a new user, you can face issues while using the web connector services. One of the most common errors that a user can face is the Quickbooks web connector error codes or simply the Quickbooks web connector error.
The most common reason for facing this error is that Quickbooks is not able to access the connector log file. The error can sometimes be frustrating because it can interrupt your work. You need to fix the error to start using the web connector services. In case you also do not know how to fix the Quickbooks web connector log file error, here is what you need to do. We have explained how you can fix the error on your own. Read the article till the end to know in detail.
Triggers of Quickbooks web connector error
There is no particular reason for which the web connector Quickbooks error can occur. Different reasons can trigger the error. Here are some of the possible reasons for which you are facing the error.
- The most common reason is that the Quickbooks can not write on the web connector file.
- There are chances that the software is damaged or corrupted. You may also find this message in the error prompt.
- Also, the error can occur when the important components of the Quickbooks software are not working properly.
- The Quickbooks software is not installed properly.
- The QBWCLOG.TXT file is damaged because of some reason.
Signs of Quickbooks web connector log file error
Now, before we explain to you the different methods that you need to follow to get rid of the Quickbooks web connector error QBWC1085, here are some signs that you can look for when your system encounters the error.
- The Quickbooks software or your system has started freezing frequently.
- Also, if the Quickbooks software has not been working properly.
- Other than this, if the web connector service is not working properly, there are chances that your system is encountering the Quickbooks web connector error.
- You may also not get a proper response from your operating system.
Ways to Resolve Quickbooks error QBWC1085
It can be tricky for the users to fix Quickbooks web connector errors, but it can be done if the steps are followed properly. Here are some of the methods that you can opt for to fix the error code QBWC1085.
Solution 1: renaming QWCLOG.TXT file
As we have mentioned, there are chances that you can face the Quickbooks web connector error because of the damaged QWCLOG.txt file. So, renaming the QWCLOG.TXT can help you to get rid of the error. Here is what you need to know:
- To begin with, you will have to click on the taskbar on the system and then look for the Quickbooks web connector icon. You will then have to right-click on the same to open the menu.
- In the menu, you need to click on the option to exit and it will open the windows file manager on the system.
- Next, you will have to open the QBWebconnector folder and then open the log folder.
- In the folder, you will have to right-click on the option for the QWCLOG.TXT file, and from the menu, you need to click on the option to rename the file.
- After this, you will have to rename the file as QWCLOGOLD.TXT and then click on the save option.
- Now, you will have to open the web connector again and then restart the system. When done, you will have to open both the 3-party application and Quickbooks.
Solution 2: Resolve the issue manually
Now, if you are not able to get rid of the error from the other methods, you can try to resolve the error manually. Here is what you need to do:
- To begin with, you will have to press the Windows key and R key together. It will open the tool window for you.
- In the tool window, you need to type MSConfig in the text window and then click on the OK button to open the window.
- Now, in the next window, you need to click on the startup option and then you need to search for the Quickbooks web connector. When found, you need to mark the checkbox for the same.
- Next, you will have to click on the option to apply and then press the OK option.
- In the end, you will have to reboot your system and then make sure that if the web connector error persists.
Solution 3: removing the web connector from the menu
Now, the last method that you need to opt for is to remove the web connector from the startup menu. Here is how you need to do it:
- To start with, you will have to make sure that you have logged in to your system as an administrator.
- Next, you will have to open the programs\startup menu on the system.
- In the window, you need to look for the Quickbooks web connector and then click on it to remove it.
- When done, you will have to restart the device and then open the Quickbooks again on your system.
In case you encounter the error indication” Web connector will continue without logfile”
Now, there are chances that you may face an error where Quickbooks web connector starts without log file, there are chances that the QWCLOG.TXT file can not be accessed by the Quickbooks software. This method can be fixed easily by removing the Quickbooks web connector or renaming the QWCLOG.TXT file. Steps for these methods are mentioned in the above section of the article.
Also read: Fix Quickbooks run time error easily
All the steps that we have mentioned will surely help you to fix the Quickbooks web connector log file error easily. In case you are still not able to get rid of the Quickbooks web connector error, you can consult an expert and they will surely help you in no time.